Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Start

All of 34 years of age I sit and reflect and ponder on my thoughts about my country, my very own, India. No no, dont get me wrong I am not going to talk about the Indian culture, we all talk about it, we all know about it, very very rich culture. History, not about that too we all know the history, very interesting, somet tragic some heroic. Well, however it is all things of the past. Today we need think about TODAY and tomorrow to come.

With my first post on this blog of mine apart from my professional ones I want to pic a very sensitive topic Terrorism. In the later posts I will try and put across my thoughts, for very small points that we keep ignoring. Well everyone is talking about it, its the hottest topic.... blah blah.. the fact is I want to put my thoughts across, as I hate violence and terrorism is the peak of voilence. Some day we need to scale and get it under control.


Today is India in a position to scale the peak, my honest answer like every normal citizen of India NO. We are not! We ask too many questions, like how can they do it to us, why us, this and that ... and the list of questions goes with no answer to it.

For me, as a country we have not even touched the exact problem, and we are trying to find solution, to a problem quite unknown to us. The problem is not terrorism, then what is it? The problem is thinking :)

Many who read this will be amused, am I starting some philosphical thought. Yes I am. Read on if interested.

Like an other action terrorism is also an action that leads to devastating results. However do we ever think where does it all start. It all starts with thinking.

We allow the terrorist to think that:
  • They can get into India
  • They can disturb the harmony
  • They can raise communal violence
  • They can dirupt, vandalise, murder n number of citizens in the name of religion
  • They can maime, orphan, and leave people with no where to go

No one can ever believe that so much thinking goes into this. For me yes it does. We allow them to think.
I liked the movie "Sarkar", however the most I liked was that dialogue "Sarkar ko maarne se pehle uski soch ko maaro (Before killing Sarkar, kill his thought process)". This line carries so much weight. To think about, yes to think about it. We are leaving these people with more than one choice of thinking.

I read so many news about people infiltrating, people carrying out acts of terror across the world. But when I think about it, it is all in the thinking process. We catch one terrorist, we get complacent, thinking we have won a huge battles. Then there are rows of why someone died, and how he died, how we could have saved him. Why are the bullet proof jackets not good, why was the communication not good, why did the reserve force arrive late. Ah too many questions to think about, but no answer to them.

But we never think, about an old constable, at CST trying to get against a pyschotic terrorist handling an AK57. Still we demand an answer as to why he couldnt gun him down.

Post 26/11 I still have shivers in my spine thinking about what I was seeing, when I was seeing the live telecast of the acts of terrorism. But it kept me thinking all this while, and yet I have no concrete answers. Probably I dont know too well about what we can do. But yes I know one thing I know, is that if you see all the major acts of terrorism, be it the 1993 serial bomblasts, 11/7Mumbai local train bombblasts, 26/11 Taj seizure by terrorists, its all in the thinking. We allowed them to think and they thought, and did it. Today we put our head high and say we Indians fear no one we get back to everyday after every massacre, but deep within we still hate, want to revenge, and want those people to face the highest level of penalty.

But then still we allow such acts, or rather we allow such thought processes...

I will continue this post with multi view of things that are missing... in India that could probably help in making India a stronger country, and grow for the benefits of the citizens, rather than live in everyday fear for life...

To be continued...